What is a layout?
A layout is where you add widgets and functionality for your Customers and audiences. Layouts can be either public or private (authenticated customers). This article explains how to create and edit a layout adding using widgets and selecting the grid.
Create & Edit a Layout
- Go to Site > Builder > Layouts. By default there are 3 layouts: Home, Internal, Me.
- Click on the Home Layout and select Edit.
- Within a Layout for the first time you can choose a Grid to use by selecting Edit Layout.
- To create a new Layout select + New in the top right corner.
- Click Add Widgets to select from 4 types of widgets .
- The 4 types of widgets are:
Featured: Adds content by using filters by category, tag and other attributes in a carousel that is editable in the base template.
Content: Adds content using filters by type of content, categories, tags.
- Click on Edit Widget to configure your 4 types of widgets.
- Create a Title, select Type for the content you'd like to show in the case of a Content Widget that is taking content from the content application.
- Select the order you'd like to show your content and the criteria for the list view.
- Select the Category to pull content into the Widget.
- Select the Tags and number of content items to Limit to pull content into the widget.
- Drag and drop the placement of the Widget in the layout by selecting or delete the widget on the Layout by selecting.
Preview and Differences
You can preview your Layouts by selecting Preview in the top right corner. You can view any differences between versions of your Layout by selecting Differences. You can rollback a Layout that is public to Customers or Visitors to a previous version and continue editing work in your Layout. You can also reset the editable version to a previous version.