What is Sign Ups?
Sign ups is how you import, register and create accounts for customers in the platform. To configure sign ups go to Account > Settings > Signups.
There are 4 types of Sign Ups in the platform:
- Direct: Enables a customer to register and activate their account without a confirmation email.
- Email Activation: Enables a customer to register in a site, but will only activate the account once confirming a valid email address.
- Moderated: Enables a customer to register but will only activate an account once an administrator authorizes the account.
- Disabled: A customer will only have an account if created by the administrator.
There are 3 additional configurations:
Disable platform credentials: Authentication is passed to the company's Single Sign On mechanism of choice. Authentication will go through the configuration selected by the enterprise. Learn how to activate this option Authentication.
Enable sign in redirection URL: This replaces the default sign in modal with the URL you provide.
Disable profile search: This disables the global search across sites within an account from the user profile.
You can provide a global default avatar for your account customers or authenticated users. You should provide an avatar that is 150px by 150px.
All new users require at least three fields: First Name, Last Name and Email.
You can also request additional information by default in the sign up process. The Additional last name can be the "Mother's maiden name", Avatar, Birthday, and Gender. You can also specify whether the sign up will require an Email confirmation sent to the user's email before activating the account.
You can add custom fields to the registration which are also used when importing users to create accounts in the platform.
Each custom field has the following attributes
- Field Name
- Field type
- Check box
- Paragraph text
- Single Text Line
- Status (Active or Inactive)
- Liquid (The Liquid reference for the custom field)
Click on + New Custom Field in the top right corner.
Click Field type and Field name then to create a field and then configure the following additional attributes.
Each fields has its own pattern similar to Forms. Based on the field additional settings are activated.
In the case of (Checkboxes, Dropdown and Choice) fields when selecting save, you'll add the additional attributes to populate the fields.
For the numbers field, there are no range limits. In the case of the Single Text Line, you can use regular expressions as is the case in Forms.
Each custom field has the following settings:
- Must be a unique response: The response must be unique in the database. For example an email or unique id such as a driver's license or social security number.
- This is a required field: The field requires a response.
- Visible to front end users & Editable by front end users: The user will interact with the field on the front end and they can edit their answers.
- Searchable by admins: The responses are searchable on the backend by administrators.
You can drag and drop the order of custom fields . By selecting the 3 dots you can Activate, Deactivate, Edit or Erase a field.
Note: To erase a custom field, you must first deactivate before deleting.