Configuring a Site
Go to Channels > Site > Site Settings > Platform. The site settings is broken down into the following settings: General, Domains, Visualization, Restrictions, Workflows.
In this article:
In General settings you name your site, write a description that is used for SEO, upload a default logo, configure the base language and time zone.
- Title: provides search engines with the main <title> for the site.
- Description: The description is a metatag that search engines use to describe your site. In less than 155 characters describe what your site is about.
- Logo: The logo is the default logo for your site and is typically shown in the top left corner.
- Language: Sets the default language for the site to either English, Spanish or Portuguese at the present time. Provides the default base language. You can also change each default word or phrase used in the site by going to Channels > Site Settings > Language.
- Time Zone: Sets the time zone for the site which is important for publishing and unpublishing content.
SEO is where you set the default SEO settings for the site.
- Tagline: In less than 60 characters describe the key benefit, product, or service that your company provides.
- Keywords: Keywords are used in the meta tags <meta name="keywords" /> and helps search engines understand your site.
- Sitemap: By default the platform creates a site map in sitemap.xml You can also copy and replace to create your own sitemap.xml.
- Robots: By default the platform updates the robots.txt file. This lets search engines know how they should behave with your site such as which pages to index and which pages to ignore.
Domains is where you'll configure the URL's of the site.
- Host: Changes the default name after the base URL"<account>.modyo.cloud/". If the name is "dynamic-bank-en", the default URL would be: "<account>.modyo.cloud/dynamic-bank-en"
- Enable custom domains: To create your own custom name change a CNAME record in the DNS domain to point to"platform-access.modyo.cloud". This will change the base domain for your site.
- SSL: For your custom domain you can activate an SSL certificate by contacting us An SSL certificated must be properly installed on the web server.
- Primary Domain: Will create the custom primary domain for your site. A CNAME record in the DNS domain should point to"platform-access.modyo.cloud".
- Alternative Domains: You can establish up to 2 alternative domains. Alternative domains will be redirected (HTTP 302) to these domains. For example if a user tries to visit http://modyo.com they will be redirected to a http://www.modyo.com. A CNAME record in the DNS domain should point to"platform-access.modyo.cloud".
By selecting "Show sign in bottom bar", you activate a default customer sign in on the site. The Favicon and Apple icon also help you further personalize your site by default.
Restrictions allow you to define whether a site is public or private. If private, you can select whether public visitors can see the home page. To see any other page they will have to login or initiate a session.
The targeting options applies to authenticated users and you can select how targeting should work. Targeted content can be shown only in the user's personal page or throughout the entire site.
Workflows allows you establish "Reviwers" and "Approvers" for making site changes.
- In Workflows Settings, select the checkbox for review stages.
- In Reviewers, select the users to activate.
- In Approvers, select the users to activate.
- When done select Save.