What are application settings?
Application settings provide additional configurations to applications used within a site. You can locate the Application Settings by going to Account > Channels > Site > Site Settings > Applications.
What is important to consider?
Application Settings have two main configurations:
- Workflow Settings: Allows you to configure workflows for the application.
- Custom Fields: Allows you to add custom fields to the application for additional data.
With Workflows you can establish Reviewers and Approvers of content that is created and published in sites. So within the application itself you can have specific people responsible for the digital output to your site for a specific application.
- In Workflow Settings select the checkbox to activate review stages.
- In Reviewers, select the drop down with the user you'd like to make a Reviewer and select Add.
- Repeat the process for Approvers.
- When you've added Reviewers and Approvers select Save.
To learn more about Workflows.
You can expand the fields used in applications by creating additional fields that input data with their corresponding Liquid reference.
There are 4 types of custom fields:
- Boolean (check box, like: Example: Yes, No)
- Text (paragraph)
When you create custom fields you'll see the Field name, Field type and Liquid reference. The Liquid reference allows developers to reference the custom field when creating personalized layouts. For example you can modify the default views for the applications within the main template and reference additional custom fields. To learn more about Templates click here.
You can order custom fields by dragging the box . You can add up to 20 custom fields per application.
Note: When you delete a custom field you will lose all data created in the custom field.