What are some of the key concepts to quickly understand?
Below we'll give you a very brief understanding of some of the key concepts related to Modyo.
- We use an easy to manage Multi-Site Architecture. From one account you can create multiple public and private sites.
- You can break down the barriers of your public and private sites using our platform gaining a greater understanding of your digital customers.
Customers Interact in Context within a Site
- We have different authentication mechanisms built within the platform. From OpenID Connect to OAuth2 to Google, you can easily authenticate customers.
- Customer can interact in different sites and different contexts with their same central profile.
Headless or Not Headless CMS
- The CMS side of the platform allows you to create and publish content. You can create custom content fields easily.
- All the structured content that is published generates an equivalent JSON file that can feed any other sites or applications.
An Integration Platform
- We built Modyo thinking that no CMS had made life easy to build integrated digital solutions with core business systems. With this in mind we kept our focus on making widgets easy to build and connect to APIs.
- The widget builder helps Back End Developers and Front End Developers work together to build digital experiences connected to APIs. Our governance model allows digital teams to preview easily and push their work live to customers in record time with a new governance model.
Widgets vs. Portlets
- Most of our competitors chose an old Portlet (server side development model). This is slower and requires a deployment for every change making digital work more complex.
- Modyo is based on widgets and a widget builder that tracks every change in a version control system. Digital work is easy to audit, push to the next phase and publish to customers.
The Infamous Widget Builder
- The Widget Builder powers digital experiences by making front end development easy to manage, fast to deploy to customers and easy to audit for greater security & compliance.
Pre-Built Widgets for Financial Services
- Modyo Banking comes with prebuilt financial widgets to accelerate your development of customer retail and wealth management banking experiences.
- A separate licensing model applies to Modyo Banking.
Liquid Markup & API's
- Modyo uses Liquid Markup within the platform to give Front End & Back End Developers a rich language to add more functionality to building digital experiences. Liquid Markup is used by leading companies to easily add more logic in Front End code.
- APIs power our platform and make it easier to build solutions. Review this article about our API.
Security, Governance & Agility
- Modyo has an architecture where all code published generates versions. Before publishing a version of a widget or a layout publicly to customers, you can easily review code changes between one version and another.
- Agility happens when you have greater predictability in the cadence of your team following a model that balances governance and agility. When activating workflows in the platform within Channels, two people (reviewers & approvers) can move all digital resources to a state of "Published" through an easy to manage formal process whose cadence is then measured within Insights. Review more about Workflows here.